Indo-Italian Bruschetta

Before I go any further, I'd like to draw your attention to the following:

1. Kreative Korner is not a food blog, though I enjoy my food till the last bite.
2. I do not enjoy writing recipes, as much as I love cooking.
3. My love for cooking is a recently discovered passion.
4. This discovery has led to inventions in the kitchen.
5. Successful inventions tempt me to forget everything else and share the recipes, making Kreative Korner a food blog for that post.


Since I have been on a cooking spree in the last few weeks, a recipe-post became a little unavoidable. I might also just go on and add more recipes here on the blog. I have done it in the past and you saw it here, here and here. Looks like the food-blogging days are back and the first recipe for the season is gonna be 'Indo-Italian Bruschetta'!







Here's what you'll need (Makes: 8 pieces):

4 slices of Bread (white or brown, you choose!)
3 tbsp Sweet Corn Kernels
3 tbsp diced Tomatoes
3 tbsp chopped Onions
3 tbsp chopped Cilantro
2 tsp Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp Oregano 
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
Salt to taste



1. In a mixing bowl, mix the corn kernels, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, lemon juice, pepper powder and salt. Keep aside.





2. Cut the bread slices in half.





3. Lightly spread the Green Chutney on one side of the bread slices.
NOTE:  Green Chutney (Cilantro Chutney) is easily available in Indian grocery stores, as well.





4. Spread the onion-corn-tomato mix on the bread.





5. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and Oregano.





6. Place the dressed bread slices on a baking dish and keep it in the oven for 10 mins at 350 F
NOTE: I used the lower rack of a 4-slice toaster for this recipe, preheated to 350 F. Keep an eye on the oven if the one you are using is smaller or bigger.





7. Once done, garnish with some chopped cilantro and serve.






Now that we have talked about Green Chutney, I'll let out a little secret. I suck at Chutney-making. Between Sanket and me, it's always him who prepares the Green Chutney. He is just so good at it. Even with missing ingredients he can do wonders. Thank God for pairing us up :D


**********************************************************************


While blog-reading earlier today, I landed on Aqua Seventy6's page and learned about the latest project up her sleeves - #100HappyDays on Instagram. Now that I am loving Instagram so much these days, I thought why not take it up myself!

So, for the love of Instagramming and Happy Days, you'll see me posting pictures with the hashtag #100HappyDays on IG for the next 100 days. I'll try to keep my blogger friends posted here, but just in case I miss it, you can always track me on IG. User ID @tanya_anurag 


Do let me know if you are appreciating the little happy things in life too :) 

I start with this picture here:




Oh yes, a successful kitchen experiment makes a girl happy :D :D 

Comments

  1. Oh Great post, yummy!!
    And I am now following you at instagram, totally FUN..
    mine is @creative_mind_khadija
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya,

    Your food styling is very appetizing, in itself! What colours, shapes and arrangements you have created for this delicious Indo-Italian bruschetta! Love the fusion of both nationalities' herbs and spices - fabulous!

    Have a wonderful Friday!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Poppy! Fusion is all that I have been doing these days in the kitchen :)
      Appreciate your visit here!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your views...

Popular Posts