What are y'all doing this Sunday? Watching Super Bowl, Australian Open or Cricket Tri-series? All or none? Whatever your answer is, won't some hot snacks be a good company for your cuppa in this cold weather? And if you are hosting a Game Night, you have landed just at the right place. I am sharing an absolutely easy and guests-approved recipe - Veggie Crunchies - which is sure to please everyone's taste buds.
All you need is some veggies of your choice, a few spices, dough sheets and 30 minutes!!
2. Boiled Potatoes - 2
3. Chopped Onion - 1
4. Minced Garlic - 2 cloves
5. Peas - 1/2 cup
6. Chopped Cauliflower - 1/2 cup
7. Chopped Carrot - 1/2 cup
8. Sweet Corn - 1/2 cup
9. Parmesan Cheese - 4 tbsp
10. Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
11. Oregano - 2 tbsp
12. Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
13. Red Chilli Powder (Optional) - To taste
14. Salt - To taste
15. Spring Onions - Handful
1. In a pan, heat the oil and fry chopped Onion till about translucent.
2. Add Peas and cook till done.
3. Toss in Cauliflower & Carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add Sweet Corn and minced Garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Mash the boiled Potatoes and add it to the pan.
6. Add Cheese, Black Pepper, Oregano, Salt & Red Chili Powder.
7. Mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes.
8. Take the pan off the burner, toss in the Spring Onion and let the filling cool.
9. Use this mixture to stuff the Spring Roll Pastry/Wonton Wraps. Deep fry or bake according to package instructions. Brush/drizzle some oil before baking.
10. Serve with your choice of sauce/dip/dressing. My favorite has to be Ranch!
Prepare ahead and enjoy the game. Heat in the oven just before serving.
How to Make the Crunchie Balls
1. Cut the Spring Roll Pastry Sheets into circles using cookie cutter.
2. Make runny paste of all-purpose flour and water.
3. Apply this paste on the edges of the pastry sheet.
4. Take a spoonful of filling and place it right at the center of the sheet.
5. Put all the edges towards the center and stick them together.
6. Roll the ball between your palms to make it perfect.
7. Bake or deep-fry.
Alternatively, square sheets can be used to form triangles.
Got questions? Leave them in the comments section below. And don't forget to let me know, if you try this recipe out. Have a fun weekend!