Rishan's Birthday Banner


Remember we talked about it here.



The challenge I set for myself was to make the banner as different as possible from the one made for Aarush. That meant minimal or no use of Green-Yellow-Red, a new font and no circles. I knew I was using blue as the base and that shape was not very difficult to zero-in on. However, I did get stuck with the problem- it's-lacking-some-bling-and-lustre unless I thought of using the shiny, red wrapping paper for alphabets. And the ribbon just added to the fun. 




Tip if you want to cut those flimsy wrapping papers into shapes/letter - Cut the desired shape on a relatively thicker paper, may be you can  pull a sheet from your note book or the standard ones used in printers. Stick the cut out well on the wrapping paper. Let it dry. You may now cut the wrapping paper. What the other sheet does is to stop your scissors from running wildly on the flimsy wrapping sheet. You know what I mean, right?






Judgement Time : How different do you think are the two banners from each other?




On the cards to blog about is the Indiblogger meet I attended today. It was my first ever blogger meet and the experience was A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Will write more about it, along with pictures and details very shortly.

Hope you guys are having a fun weekend.
Mine has been spectacular so far!! Sunday to go...





Comments

  1. Cna't wait to hear about the indiblogger meet and my fav is the Arush one ..may be just because I love those colors more :)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Both of them are different and lovely in their own way.I liked the idea of cutting out the letters from the wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The rule- Necessity is the mother of all inventions applies here :)

      Delete
  3. These are superrr coollll ideasss I loved both of them but blueone the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. With a neutral vote, this is leveled :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your views...

Popular Posts