Letter To You, DEAR Self

Dear Self,

I saw you super excited and cheerful a few minutes back and I wondered what the reason behind that gleefulness was. I could think of nothing but was reminded of how irritated and restless you were last night.

I wondered what changed over night. Or was it a good night's sleep that calmed your mind. Or may be, there was no problem at all and you were just on a ride of emotional swings.



Whatever it was, I decided to write to you today, to let you know that you make me really proud when you bounce back from your grieves and return to be your cheerful self. You are very DEAR to me and to see you unhappy, ONLY makes me sad and that sadness, like a wicked witch, traps us both. Taking us to the depths of sulks and sobs.

You and I are soul sisters. Drawing comfort from each other. Whether we are happy or sad is in our control. Together we can sail through anything and smile at everything.

Happily bonded forever!


_________________________________________________________


This post has been written for Five Minute Fridays- the writing flash mob, where bloggers get together to write on a common topic, all in just 5 minutes!
                                                        Prompt for today - DEAR!




Comments

  1. It is SUCH a relief to find oneself cheerful after having been a grouch. :) Praise the Lord for his mercies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this post of urs....there is a reason for it...I too was full of grief yesterday but today was one of the best days of my life...I hate myself when m sad n I wish I keep hating the sad n gloomy side of me whenever it happens....wat I felt today, u just penned it down...found this post very close to heart!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that, Amita :)
      Let's continue to be our happy selves because that's the way people we love want us to be and that's exactly what WE want.

      Delete
  3. I loved this message, much better than pull yourself up with your boot straps.....Your five minute buddy.. Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I love Five Minute Friday! We learn so much from each other through just-a-few-words posts. Thanks for stopping by. Will be visiting you soon.

      Delete
  4. You strike me as a very strong person and I'm certain you can face any adversities.
    Glad to know you bounced back, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Veronica! I have realized that the only way to be happy is to 'be happy'.

      Delete
  5. I seriously never underestimate the power of a new day! Sometimes that is all it takes to get me out of my funk!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Now following you too!
    Carolyn
    http://www.ccmcafeeperspective.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Love your positivity. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's amazing to see how much strength these little things in life can provide :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Tanya,

    Very interesting to see what you had to say to yourself! Did she take your advice?

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is happy these days for sure :)
      And I hope she continues to be that way :D

      Delete
  8. It always feels great to bounce back from the grumpies. Here's wishing you an extremely happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Heidi!! Appreciate the love my bloggy friends send in :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your views...

Popular Posts