Inspiring DIYs

You won't usually find me online on weekends but this weekend was different. Thanks to Pinterest AND it's iPhone App which I downloaded on Friday, I went on to spend a lot of time pinning and re-pinning. I was even dreaming about it ;) To see all the new ideas click the red-'Pinterest' button on right or go here. 

Now, there is this great list of DIYs prepared by Apartment Therapy, which I stumbled upon. Looking at all the wonderful ideas, I knew I HAD TO share it with all my DIY friends here. 



One...
This Tree-Stump Coffee Table made by Alicia, might leave you wandering in the forests in search of stumps. Luckily for Alicia, she found it on her way back home from work. She took the stumps home, sanded, primed and painted them. She also applied a coat of Polycrylic before placing these modern and beautiful coffee table in her living room. See in the picture below how the stumps of unequal height makes it look all the more stylish. Alicia says that the most important factor to consider while selecting the stumps should be to look for dry stumps else you risk the danger of having creepy creatures all around in the house.


via Thrifty and Chic


Two...
The moment I saw this cushion, I immediately fell in love with it. We all have heard about Solar Energy and it's various uses but to make such pretty cushions came as a surprise for me. Here Martha Stewart explains how to make these cushions using Light-Sensitive Fabric, some Botanical Cuttings and lots of sunshine. 
via Martha Stewart


Three...
Isn't it fun to see how things lying around can be put to use. Thea used Wooden Crates to organize her family's shoes. She painted the crates and hung it on the wall. Some horizontal. Some vertical. This not only looks good but is also an inexpensive and innovative way of organizing.

Thea's Mania



Four...
Have a look at these tiny paper lamps by Frolics! While I was reading the instructions, it struck to me that I had made these paper balloons as a kid. The idea of adding lights to these balloons is all the more fun. You can read the How-To-Make-Origami-Balloons-Lantern instructions here. Just in case you missed this point on Frolics, I'd like to remind you that since these lamps are made up of paper, only low watt bulbs should be used and should never be left unattended while plugged in. Now, grab some paper, make these lanterns and invite your friends to flaunt it :) 

via Frolic!


Five...
The DIYers around the world have set a fine trend of making anything and everything at home. Why not? When you can create masterpieces within tight budgets, customize it according to your needs and be thoroughly pleased with the outcome, DIY is a good choice. See how Anna made these Mercury Glass vases here.

via Take The Side Street


Six...
All of us have seen pots and vases, plants and flowers as centerpieces ON tables. Jennifer tells us about planting flowers IN the table. There is more to it than just this picture. Read here.

via This Old House


Seven...
Table cloth to rug!! Yes. Laura saw a beautiful table cloth at a very affordable price and she ended up buying it, even when she does not use table cloths much! She used a few coats of Satin Finish Polyurethane on the Cotton Fabric and a rug pad underneath. That's it!! She had a new rug. You can find the step-by-step instructions at her blog here.

via Design Share



Eight...
Tanya of Dans le Townhouse made these beautiful Billy Buttons using Wool Roving. She says that this wool roving can be easily found in yarn/craft stores or online. Some dipping in hot and cold water, alternatively and carefully forming a ball is all it takes to make these awesome flowers. Check out how Tanya actually made these Faux Billy Buttons, here.

via Dans le Townhouse



Nine...
This does not need much talking. All I can say is- I am inspired by it!! You can find the details here.

via Apartment Therapy

Ten...
This Can Planter is so my kind. I hate to throw cans and containers. This comes in just at the right time. More details can be found here.

via Apartment Therapy


Blogland is full of creative people and inspiring ideas. This is why I love to be here. Like I said at the start of the blog, I spent the entire weekend checking out fun projects. It's time for me to get into action and come back with something good to share. 

Do check out my Pinterest Boards by clicking  here, if you are in the 'Drawing-Inspiration' mode :) And don't forget to let us know, which of the above ideas you are planning to implement.


Linked at: 







     


*******************************************************************************

This one is for all the beautiful Ladies out there (and their darling Husbands *wink*)

Heard of Bohem's? If yes, then you'd probably know why I am so excited. If you haven't then you better check out their website. They have awesome handmade jewelry. I came to know about them and their giveaway through Tatertots and Jello. To enter the giveaway click here.

The first one in the picture below is my favorite. 


Comments

  1. wow..Tanya...This is great post...I have tree stump in my backyard, may be I get inspired *wink* but they are awfully heavy. love cushion cover, rug, can planter, billy buttons idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!
    I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the succulents in the mason jar and the recycled cans-I have been really wanting to try some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas via pinterest...such a great resource!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice DIY post. If you are looking for Clothing & Fashion DIY, please visit Cute Confessions of a Sew Addict to get loads of them.

    Please click on link To particpate and win Vogue Tote from Adithis Amma Sews as part of my 200+ followers celebration

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you found quite a beautiful, creative selection! I want to know how those tree stumps were lifted from the ground to the car! They had to have been HEAVY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very inspiring indeed! I know that you have so many blog parties to choose from so thank you for choosing Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. This amazing post added to the party blast! Enjoy the rest of the week :)

    PS: Thanks about your thoughtful comment on my Market Your Biz and Giveaways post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am obsessed with tree stumps right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, those can planters are really cool. love those painted tree stumps too. i received a few stumps from my neighbors yard and i can't wait to fix 'em up. thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. i really appreciate your visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your views...

Popular Posts