Playing Dress-Up :)

I am not a Fashionista but I am not a can-wear-just-anything girl either! I take up every chance that comes my way to get all decked up. On regular days, I just pull out tees/tops and jeans/skirts from my wardrobe, mix-n-match them and I am ready. When at home, I can be found in old and faded clothes, which I should have discarded years back but I COULD not. Remember, *I hate to part with my stuff*

I pick up fashion tips from here and there. No magazines. No shows. No designers. However, for the past couple of months I have been following a few fashion-bloggers. Initially, it was about what they wrote and not their pictures. Soon, I started noticing the colored pants, high-heels, trendy jewelry and their fabulous outfits. Today, I draw inspiration from their posts :) 

The sisters at Aqua Seventy Six have organized a Dress-Up Challenge and I thought - Why not participate! The rule is to use the reference pictures they post on their blog and re-create a similar outfit with the clothes you own or create or find at thrift stores. They have a different theme for the challenge each week. Click on the button below to find more details.





AquaSeventy6


The theme for this week is Floral Challenge. It was actually the theme that led me to participating more than anything else. 

So, what did I come up with! 




This was a 'zero-investment' challenge for me because I already had these clothes-accessories-footwear in my closet. Also, I deserve some brownie points because I worked on these outfits without a full size mirror in the house. Yeah, I sold it too ;) 

Dress Details:-

1) Belted Together - A Black Tank, a Black Spaghetti Strap Floral top and an Orange Sweater .



2) Building up Contrasts - Blue Floral top and a Pink ___ ? Fill in the blank!! No, not talking about the belt.



3) 'Fall-ified' - And then, I had this utterly-butterly summer-licious dress, which was so floral that I could not keep it away from the challenge. Paired it with a denim jacket and boots for the Fall Fashion Challenge :)



Special mention for the man ~my man~ behind the lens. He paused his movie a zillion times to take pictures. He had a tough time with the camera because I just kept saying- this is not what I want! and could not tell him what exactly I wanted ;) Ahhh... I love him :)



Partying at :
Wow Us Wednesdays,  Wow Me Wednesday,  Your Whims Wednesday,  Wicked Awesome Wednesday,  Fall Crawl,  Open House Party,  Inspiration Friday,  Feathered Nest Friday,  Show and Tell Friday,  Frugal Friday,  Flaunt it Friday,  Friday Remodelaholics,  Show and Share, Weekend Wrap Up Party,  Just Something I Whipped Up,  Newbie Party,  Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop,  Craftastic Link Party,  Motivate Me Monday,  More the Merrier Monday,  The Weekly Story,  Mad Skills

Comments

  1. i so identify wit u abt the fashion blogs,initially i stopped by them to check what they wrote but now somehow i m more inclined towards the pics n their amazing dressing sense..
    u did an amazing job..love all the 3 looks...ur denim jacket is superb...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your looks!! Great job! Check back on Monday to see yourself featured! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudiye tu ta gaah paata.its a compliment pucca..but cnt translate :P...i luv ur mix n match ..my fav is yellow dress with blue denim ..n yes yellow being one of my fav colour..u r fashionista....keep up d gud wrk..n yes i cn totally understnd doing this widout a full mirror is wrth being aplauded :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. my fav are last two Tanya..great looks.I think thats pink scarf, rt???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the fuchsia crop jacket and the lime green skirt Tanya.

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog earlier and for visiting :) Feel free to sneak anytime.

    Happy Dussera

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, its a scarf is it! Ive been fooled :) How lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Tanya...great job. They are all super cute.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im liking the yellow dress outfit most!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOve the pink contrast! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a sweet heart!! thanks for linking in!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice pics and i like them all...can't pick just one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did great, Tanya! Very versatile wardrobe. I think the pink item must be a shawl or scarf which you knotted at the back. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute outfits, Tanya!! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darling outfits! Thank you for sharing them with us last weekend at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your outfits~ the colors and how you put them together is wonderful!!Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your views...

Popular Posts