Saturday Brunch : Corn Tikki


Ready for weekend brunches? 


Come Friday evening and Sanket & I set ourselves free from being bound by time! I sleep till my body begs me to leave bed. Breakfasts make place for brunches and if it's one of those chicken-or-mutton-on-menu days, lunch comes in at around 5 pm followed by a second round post mid-night! 
** Highly unhealthy, we know!**



There is this one recipe that I stumbled-upon on Pinterest; and like I do for every 1 out of 5 pins, I quickly pinned it! The tempting picture of the 'Corn Crisps' led me to the page with actual recipe. Easy to find ingredients and quick to prepare recipe caught me. So, this is one of those dishes, which is not just pinned but is also tried. 



Here's my version of the desi-fied Corn Crisps, which I call Corn Tikki!





Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Refined Flour (maida)
  • 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Cumin
  • 1/4 tsp Sugar
  • 1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
  • 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
  • 1/8 tsp Garam Masala Powder (optional)
  • 1-2 medium sized Green Chillies, chopped.
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/4 cup Milk
  • 1 tbsp unsalted Butter, melted
  • 2 cups Corn
  • Salt to taste
  • Chaat Masala to taste
  • Refined or Vegetable Oil
Method:
  • In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, cumin, sugar, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and butter. 
  • Blend the two together. Add in the corn and green chilli.
  • Pour oil in large nonstick skillet and heat the oil
  • For each tikki, drop a tablespoon full of batter into the oil. Fry them, flipping sides till both the sides turn golden brown.

  • Remove the tikkis from oil and lay on tissue paper to soak extra oil.
  • Sprinkle Chaat Masala on top.
  • Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.
This was amazingly quick and tasted superb as well. Next, I want to try it without eggs. Lemme know if you have already done that. It will save me some disasters in kitchen!




Hope you'll give the recipe a try and enjoy it.
Have a happy and 'corn'acious weekend!



Link to the original recipe.




Comments

Popular Posts